Friday, May 11, 2007

The 'Poofy Look""


Oh yes, we get mail...

Ian,
In your photo, you seem to be wearing a robe. Is it that of a Franciscan Friar or a Tibetan monk ?
Whatever it does have a poofy look about it, which is probably not the image you wanted to portray ?
Jim

Ian: Jim, it's a standard issue 'Hoodie', similar to what you see Anthony Mundine coming to the ring in, or the gangstas in the rap movies. Sorry you see me as a 'Poofymonk'.

I've had magazine editors tell me I'm too scruffy, advertising people tell me I shouldn't wear glasses 'cos I look older... and now I'm accused of being a poofymonk!

I yam what I yam. Do I have to wear a white coat and plastic stethoscope for you to take me seriously? I don't think so.

1 comment:

pliddi said...

You seem a bit hypersensitive on this front Ian. Probably because looks are important, and you know it but it bugs you. Since choice of attire today is less about necessity, the choices you make reflects you. We are what we are. Not a substitute for quality of course, and this is well illustrated in consumer deception that you feature regularly - they wouldn't do it if it didn't work!

I thought you looked like a monk too when I first got a health-e-mail. It made me apprehensive as I thought it had perhaps been staged to make you look respectable!